Putting our residents first
High Street, Yiewsley, Middlesex UB7 7BE
Location map »
|Opening times |
|Monday||930am to 7pm|
|Tuesday-Wednesday||930am to 6pm|
|Thursday||930am to 7pm|
|Friday||930am to 6pm|
|Saturday||9am to 4pm|
|Closed on Bank Holidays |
Yiewsley library events »
Book a PC
- Assisted facilities available including fully accessible PCs - Supernova (screen reader and magnifier) software, large screen, easy-to-use keyboard
- Free Wi-Fi for visitors aged 15 and over - ask staff for more details
- There are currently no facilities to plug in your own devices at this library.
- Online Reference Library (includes Britannica, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford English Dictionary, Newspaper and Journal databases, Times Digital Archive and much more)
- A quick reference section
- Photocopying facilities
- Study area
- Newspapers / magazines
- Collection of learning materials
- Hearing aid batteries
- Disabled access, parking and toilet
- Starbucks coffee
Books, talking books, videos, promotions
- Graphic novels and Manga collection
- Playaways for adults and juniors- new digital audio books, preloaded pocket sized digital media players
- Fiction books arranged in collections of Romance, Crime, Science Fiction, Fantasy, and General Novels
- Non-fiction books arranged in subject categories
- Large print and talking books
- Fiction and non-fiction books are available in community languages - Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, Gujarati, Hindi, Panjabi, Polish, Tamil and Urdu
- Skills for life collection, including English Support (for people where English is not their first language); Graded Readers; Skills for Life; Basic IT. The collection includes language courses, learning material, picture dictionaries, books on spelling, grammar etc.
- Themed book promotions
- Reading groups
- Hillingdon Local Studies, Archives and Museum Service Collection (main collection based at Central Library, Uxbridge)
- Storybooks and Information books suitable for ages 0-13
- Teenage collections
- Playaways for adults and juniors - new digital audio books, preloaded pocket sized digital media players
- Stories on CD and cassette
- Children's DVDs
Access and assisted facilities
There is ramped access suitable for wheelchairs.
Automatic entrance doors.
The library is on one level inside.
Registered assistance dogs are welcome.
There is an accessible toilet facility available on the ground floor.
There is an Induction Loop available.
There is a pay and display car park at the back of the library which has 2 marked bays for disabled users and 2 spaces for brown badge holders.
Access from the car park to the library entrance is via a public footpath. Parking is free for the first 30 minutes - you need to buy a ticket, but will not be charged for this period.
Print this page
03 May 2016 at 10:10