Putting our residents first
Long Lane, Ickenham, Middlesex UB10 8RE
Location map »
|Opening times |
|Monday||9.30am to 5.30pm|
|Tuesday||9.30am to 7pm|
|Wednesday||9.30am to 5.30pm|
|Thursday||9.30am to 7pm|
|Friday||9.30am to 5.30pm|
|Saturday||9am to 4pm|
|Closed on Bank Holidays|
Ickenham library events »
Book a PC
- Assisted facilities available including fully accessible PCs - Supernova (screen reader and magnifier) software, large screen, easy-to-use keyboard
- Free Wi-Fi for visitors aged 15 and over - ask staff for more details
- There are 4 sockets for you to use for personal IT devices
- Online Reference Library (includes Ancestry, Britannica, British History Online, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford English Dictionary, Newspaper and Journal databases, Times Digital Archive, Which and much more)
- A quick reference section
- Photocopying facilities
- Study areas
- Newspapers / magazines
- Starbucks coffee shop
- Hearing aid batteries
- Meeting room for hire
- Parking visitor vouchers
If you live at a property within a parking management scheme in Ickenham (IC and WR1), you can purchase visitor vouchers at Ickenham Library,
Alternatively please contact Parking Permits on 01895 250633.
Books, talking books, DVDs, promotions
- Storybooks and information books suitable for ages 0-13
- Story CDs and Playaways
- Graphic novels and Manga collection for children and teenagers
- Child-friendly PC with e-Information resources; great for homework help
- Children's DVDs
- Access and assisted facilities
Access and assisted facilities
There is ramped access suitable for wheelchairs.
Automatic entrance doors.
The library is on two levels and has a wheelchair lift for access to the IT suite.
- Ground floor: Fiction, non-fiction, large print and talking books and Playaways, DVDs, Reference, study tables, catalogue PC, scanner and fully accessible PC. Also children's library and conservatory/meeting room.
- First floor: Public PCs, Apple iMacs, study tables, easy chairs and coffee table.
Registered assistance dogs are welcome.
There is an accessible toilet facility available.
There is a public car park adjacent to the library with marked bays for disabled users.
Print this page
13 May 2016 at 15:41