A community library in the north of the borough.
Parking visitor vouchers
If you live at a property within a parking management scheme in Ickenham (IC and WR1), you can to purchase visitor vouchers at Ickenham Library, Monday to Friday 09:30-16:00.
Alternatively please contact Parking Permits on 01895 250633.
- Free use of computers
for Internet, email, MS Office, scanning, CD-Writer facilities, printing facilities - 7 PCs and 4 Apple iMACS for 'express' use by library members
- Free IT taster sessions
friendly one-to-one sessions to help you learn how to use a computer
- Ancestry taster sessions - one-to-one sessions to help you discover your family history
Assisted facilities available in all libraries
including fully accessible PCs - Supernova (screen reader and magnifier) software, large screen, easy-to-use keyboard, roller-ball mouse
Try our Online Reference Library (includes Britannica, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford English Dictionary, Newspaper and Journal databases, Times Digital Archives and much more)
- A quick reference section
- Photocopying facilities
- Newspapers / magazines
- Study area
- Hearing aid batteries
Books, talking books, DVDs, promotions
- Fiction books
arranged in collections of Romance, Crime, Science Fiction and Fantasy, Westerns and general novels
- Non-fiction books
arranged in subject categories
- Large print books
- Local studies, archives and museum service collection (main collection based at Central Library, Uxbridge)
- Reading groups
- Chess boards available
- Storybooks and information books suitable for ages 0-13
- Story CDs and Playaways
- Child-friendly PC with e-Information resources; great for homework help
- Children's DVDs
- Access and assisted facilities
Layout of library
- Ground floor: Fiction, non-fiction, large print and talking books and Playaways, DVDs, Reference, study tables, catalogue PC, scanner and fully accessible PC. Also children's library and new conservatory/meeting room.
- First floor: Public PCs, Apple iMacs, study tables, easy chairs and coffee table.
Access and assisted facilities
|There is ramped access suitable for wheelchairs.||Automatic entrance doors.|
Registered assistance dogs are welcome.
|The library is on two levels and has a wheelchair lift for access to the new IT suite.|
There is an accessible toilet facility available.
There is a public car park adjacent to the library with marked bays for disabled users.
Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.
Thank you for your feedback.