Putting our residents first
Long Lane, Ickenham, Middlesex UB10 8RE
Location map »
|Opening times |
|Monday||9.30am to 5.30pm|
|Tuesday||9.30am to 7pm|
|Wednesday||9.30am to 5.30pm|
|Thursday||9.30am to 7pm|
|Friday||9.30am to 5.30pm|
|Saturday||9am to 4pm|
|Closed on Bank Holidays|
Ickenham library events »
Book a PC
- Assisted facilities available including fully accessible PCs - Supernova (screen reader and magnifier) software, large screen, easy-to-use keyboard
- Free Wi-Fi for visitors aged 15 and over - ask staff for more details
- There are 4 sockets for you to use for personal IT devices
- Free Online Reference Library - includes One Click Digital eBooks and eAudiobooks, Zinio digital magazines, a wide range of encyclopedias and reference resources to help you with your homework (Britannica, Credo Reference) or research (Oxford University Press, Ancestry) and many more.
- A quick reference section
- Photocopying facilities
- Study areas
- Newspapers / magazines
- Starbucks coffee shop
- Hearing aid batteries
- Meeting room for hire
- Domestic battery recycling bin
- Parking visitor vouchers
If you live at a property within a parking management scheme in Ickenham (IC, IC2, IC3 and WR1), you can purchase visitor vouchers at Ickenham Library.
Alternatively please contact Parking Permits on 01895 250633.
Books, talking books, DVDs, promotions
- Storybooks and information books suitable for ages 0-13
- Story CDs and Playaways
- Graphic novels and Manga collection for children and teenagers
- Child-friendly PC with e-Information resources; great for homework help
- Children's DVDs
- Access and assisted facilities
Access and assisted facilities
There is ramped access suitable for wheelchairs.
Automatic entrance doors.
The library is on two levels and has a wheelchair lift for access to the IT suite.
- Ground floor: Fiction, non-fiction, large print and talking books and Playaways, DVDs, Reference, study tables, catalogue PC, scanner and fully accessible PC. Also children's library and conservatory/meeting room.
- First floor: Public PCs, Apple iMacs, study tables, easy chairs and coffee table.
Registered assistance dogs are welcome.
There is an accessible toilet facility available.
There is a public car park adjacent to the library with marked bays for disabled users.
Print this page
19 Sep 2016 at 14:42