Putting our residents first
Botwell Green Library
Botwell Green Sports and Leisure Centre, East Avenue, Hayes, Middlesex UB3 2HW Botwell Library is situated within Botwell Green leisure Centre, an award winning centre opened in May 2010.
Location map »
|Opening times |
|Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday||9am to 7pm|
|Thursday||9am to 8pm|
|Friday||9am to 7pm|
|Saturday||9am to 5pm|
|Sunday||10am to 1pm|
|Closed on Bank Holidays |
Botwell Green library events »
Book a PC
- 18 public access PCs, 2 Apple iMacs, 2 children friendly PCs - for Internet, email, MS Office, scanning.
- Dedicated laptop bar
- Free WiFi throughout the library (for visitors aged 15 and over - ask staff for more details)
- Plug sockets for your personal IT devices available in designated areas
- A quick reference section
- Photocopying facilities
- Study areas
- 2 Catalogue PCs
- Coffee bar
- Meeting room to hire, please contact 01895 558 633 for more information
- Black and white and colour printing
Books, talking books, DVDs, promotions
- A collection of X BOX 360 and PS3 games is available. Loan charges and periods are the same as DVDs.
- Assisted facilities available including fully accessible PCs - Supernova (screen reader and magnifier)
- Free Online Library - includes One Click Digital eBooks and eAudiobooks, Zinio digital magazines, a wide range of encyclopedias and reference resources to help you with your homework (Britannica, Credo Reference) or research (Oxford University Press, Ancestry) and many more.
- Newspapers / magazines
- Collection of learning materials
- Disabled access and toilets
- Books, talking books, promotions
- Graphic novels and Manga collections, including Young Manga
- Under 5's weekly story time session (term-time only)
- Playaways for adults and children - new digital audio books, preloaded pocket sized digital media players
- Fiction books arranged in collections of adult fiction, crime and thrillers, science fiction and fantasy and romances
- Non-fiction books arranged in subject categories
- Large print and talking books
- Specialist health books available
- Fiction and non-fiction books are available in community languages - Arabic, Bengali, Farsi, Gujarati, Hindi, Kurdish, Panjabi, Polish, Somali, Tamil, and Urdu.
- Audiovisual resources in community languages also available here - Bollywood films, Health DVDs and Asian music
- ImaginAsian collection ~ including books in English
- Skills for life collection, including English Support (for people where English is not their first language); Graded Readers; Skills for Life; Basic IT. The collection includes language courses, learning material, picture dictionaries, books on spelling, grammar etc.
- Themed book promotions including What's Hot best selling hardback fiction
- Teenage collection available
- Storybooks and Information books suitable for ages 0-13
- Stories on CD and cassette
- Children's DVDs
- Weekly storytimes
Automatic entrance doors.
There is a lift suitable for wheelchairs for access to the upper floors.
Registered assistance dogs are welcome.
The public toilets have been adapted for disabled access.
Parking is available for disabled drivers.
Print this page
11 Jul 2016 at 09:41