Putting our residents first
Manor Farm Library
Bury Street, Ruislip, Middlesex HA4 7SU
Location map »
|Opening times |
|Monday-Thursday||9am to 8pm|
|Friday||9am to 5.30pm|
|Saturday||9am to 5pm|
|Closed on Bank Holidays|
Manor Farm library events »
Book a PC
- This library is housed in a Grade II listed building and is part of the historic Manor Farm site.
- Assisted facilities available including fully accessible PCs - Supernova (screen reader and magnifier) software, large screen, easy-to-use keyboard
- Free Wi-Fi for visitors aged 15 and over - ask staff for more details
- There is a designated area to plug in your own devices in the study area on the first floor
- Online Reference Library (includes Britannica, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford English Dictionary, Newspaper and Journal databases, Times Digital Archive and much more)
- A quick reference section
- Photocopying facilities
- Study areas
- Newspapers / magazines
- Fax Machine
- Reading Glasses for sale
- Hearing aid batteries
Books, talking books, DVDs and promotions
- Fiction books arranged in collections of romance, crime, science fiction & fantasy, and general fiction.
- Graphic novels and Manga collection for adults and teenagers
- Non-fiction books arranged in subject categories
- Large print and talking books, including the new Playaway format
- CDs (please ask staff if you wish to browse the collection)
- Fiction and non-fiction books available in the following languages: Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Polish, Urdu and novels in French, German, Italian and Spanish
- Audiovisual resources in community languages also available here - Asian Bollywood films and Health DVDs
- Language courses
- Themed book promotions and What's Hot top five bestsellers
- Reading groups
- Hillingdon Local Studies, Archives and Museum Service Collection (main collection based at Central Library, Uxbridge)
- Tots n' Tales: songs, rhymes, stories and crafts for under 5s, every Monday 10.30am to 11.30am
- Tiny Tunes: songs, rhymes and stories for babies and toddlers, every Wednesday 10.30am to 11am
- Storybooks and information books suitable for ages 0-13
- Graphic novels and Manga collection for children
- Story CDs
- 2 child friendly PCs with e-Information resources; great for homework help
- Children's DVDs
Access and assisted facilities
There is ramped access suitable for wheelchairs.
Automatic entrance doors.
The main part of the library is on two levels and has a wheelchair lift for access to Reference, Local Studies, and some non-fiction sections.
There is a lift suitable for wheelchairs for access to the upper and lower ground floors.
- Ground floor: fiction, large print and talking books, DVDs, popular non-fiction, Reference, study tables, catalogue PC and fully accessible PC.
- First floor: non-fiction, public PCs and a scanner PC, Apple iMacs, study tables, newspapers and magazines.
- Lower Ground: children's fiction and non-fiction, DVDs and talking books, child-friendly PCs.
Registered assistance dogs are welcome.
There is an accessible toilet facility available.
There are baby change facilities available.
There is a public car park within 100 metres with marked bays for disabled users.
Print this page
09 May 2016 at 09:31