Manor Farm Library
This library is housed in a Grade II listed building and is part of the historic Manor Farm site.
- Free use of computers
for Internet, email, MS Office, scanning, CD-Writer facilities - 16 PCs and 6 Apple iMACS for 'express' use.
- Free wi-fi access for Hillingdon library members: ask at the counter to register.
- Assisted facilities available in all libraries
- including fully accessible PCs - Supernova (screen reader and magnifier) software, large screen, easy-to-use keyboard, roller-ball mouse
try our Online Reference Library (includes Britannica, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford English Dictionary, Newspaper and Journal databases, Times Digital Archives and much more)
- A quick reference section
- Photocopying facilities
- Newspapers / magazines
- Study area
- Free wi-fi access
- Hearing aid batteries
Books, talking books, DVDs and promotions
- Fiction books arranged in collections of romance, crime, science fiction & fantasy, westerns and general fiction.
- Non-fiction books arranged in subject categories
- Large print and talking books, including the new Playaway format
- CDs (please ask staff if you wish to browse the collection)
- Fiction and non-fiction books available in the following languages: Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Urdu, Polish, Chinese; and novels in French, German, Italian and Spanish
- ImaginAsian books - Indic writers in English.
- Language courses
- Themed book promotions and What's Hot top five bestsellers
- Hillingdon Local Studies, Archives and Museum Service Collection (main collection based at Central Library, Uxbridge)
- Reading groups
- Creative Writing at Manor Farm - Mondays, 7pm. Varied workshop sessions followed by feedback for members on work-in-progress. £2 per session - email Manor Farm library to request the latest programme.
- Literary appreciation - the group meets fortnightly on Tuesdays 2.00pm-3.30pm to discuss classic and contemporary novels in-depth. Ask staff for details.
- Scrabble afternoon - Every Thursday from 2.00pm
- Tots n' Tales: songs, rhymes, stories and crafts for under 5s, every Monday including school holidays, 10.30am-11.30am
- Kids' Games Club: after school until 5pm during term time, for ages 6-11
- Storybooks and information books suitable for ages 0-13
- Story CDs
- 2 child friendly PCs with e-Information resources; great for homework help
- Children's DVDs
Layout of the library
Ground floor: fiction, large print and talking books, DVDs, popular non-fiction, Reference, study tables, catalogue PC and fully accessible PC.
First floor: non-fiction, public PCs and a scanner PC, Apple iMacs, study tables, newspapers and magazines.
Lower Ground: children's fiction and non-fiction, DVDs and talking books, child-friendly PCs.
Accessibility and assisted facilities
- There is ramped access suitable for wheelchairs.
- Registered assistance dogs are welcome.
- The main part of the library is on two levels and has a wheelchair lift for access to Reference, Local Studies, GCSE study guides and some non-fiction sections.
- There is a lift suitable for wheelchairs for access to the upper and lower ground floors. Automatic entrance doors.
- Fully accessible PC including Supernova and specialised hardware.
- There is a public car park within 100 metres with marked bays for disabled users.
- There is an accessible toilet facility available.
Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.
Thank you for your feedback.