Putting our residents first
Northwood Hills Library
Potter Street, Northwood, Middlesex HA6 1QQ
Location map »
|Opening times |
|Monday-Wednesday||9am to 6pm|
|Thursday||9am to 7pm|
|Friday||9am to 5.30pm|
|Saturday||9am to 4pm|
|Closed on Bank Holidays|
Northwood Hills library events »
Book a PC
- Assisted facilities available including fully accessible PCs - Supernova (screen reader and magnifier) software, large screen, easy-to-use keyboard
- Free Wi-Fi for visitors aged 15 and over - ask staff for more details
- We have 2 sockets for plugging in your own IT devices in the coffee area.
- Free Online Reference Library - includes One Click Digital eBooks and eAudiobooks, Zinio digital magazines, a wide range of encyclopedias and reference resources to help you with your homework (Britannica, Credo Reference) or research (Oxford University Press, Ancestry) and many more.(includes Britannica, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford English Dictionary, Newspaper and Journal databases, Times Digital Archive and much more)
- A quick reference section
- Photocopying facilities
- Study area
- Newspapers / magazines
- Public toilet facilities including a suite specific for people with disabilities and baby-changing facilities
- Starbucks coffee
- Hearing aid batteries
Books, talking books, DVDs and promotions
- Storybooks and Information books suitable for ages 0-13
- Stories on CD and cassette
- Teenage collections
- Children's DVDs
Accessibility and assisted facilities
There is ramped access suitable for wheelchairs.
Automatic entrance doors.
The library is on two levels inside but there is a lift for access to the lower level
- Ground floor: Fiction, popular non-fiction, Catalogue PC, Fully Accessible PC, Study tables, Children's library
- Lower level: PCs including scanner, non-fiction, toilets and coffee shop serving Starbucks' Fairtrade tea and coffee
Registered assistance dogs are welcome.
There is an accessible toilet facility accessible by lift.
A small car park with 1 marked bay for disabled users.
Print this page
11 Jul 2016 at 09:38