Northwood Hills Library
A community library in the north of the borough.
- Free use of computers
for Internet, email, MS Office, scanning and much more...
- including fully accessible PCs - Supernova (screen reader and magnifier) software, large screen, easy-to-use keyboard
- Free Wi-Fi for visitors aged 15 and over - ask staff at the branch for more details
Try our Online Reference Library (includes Britannica, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford English Dictionary, Newspaper and Journal databases, Times Digital Archive and much more)
- A quick reference section
- Photocopying facilities
- Study area
- Newspapers / magazines
- Public toilet facilities including a suite specific for people with disabilities and baby-changing facilities
- Starbucks coffee
- Hearing aid batteries
Books, talking books, DVDs and promotions
- Fiction books arranged in collections of Romance, Crime, Science Fiction & Fantasy and General Novels
- Non-fiction books arranged in subject categories
- Large print and talking books
- DVDs & videos
- Themed book promotions
- Reading groups
- Local studies, archives and museum service collection (main collection based at Central Library, Uxbridge)
- Storybooks and Information books suitable for ages 0-13
- Stories on CD and cassette
- Teenage collections
- Children's DVDs
Accessibility and assisted facilities
There is ramped access suitable for wheelchairs.
Automatic entrance doors.
The library is on two levels inside but there is a lift for access to the lower level
Registered assistance dogs are welcome.
There is an accessible toilet facility accessible by lift.
A small car park with 1 marked bay for disabled users.
Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.
Thank you for your feedback.