Garden waste recycling
Guide to what goes in your garden waste bag and how to request new or replacement bags.
Garden waste may contain the following:
- Dead flowers
- Fruit and vegetable peelings
- Grass cuttings
- Hedge clippings
- Twigs and branches up to 2 inches in diameter and 2 feet long
Most residential properties with gardens are provided with three free heavy-duty canvas bags.
Garden waste is collected weekly throughout the year. Your collection day stays the same.
Help us to help you
- Keep all of your waste and recycling bags within your property boundary until collection day.
- On your collection day please leave your garden waste bags near your property boundary.
- If you do not have a front garden leave your garden waste heavy-duty canvas bags on the pavement no earlier than 5.30pm the evening before collection day.
Worn or damaged bags will be replaced free of charge.
We aim to send out replacement bags within 10 working days of your request.
We recommend that you write your door number and postcode on your bags for easy identification.
To dispose of the worn bags, leave it for collection with your weekly refuse.
If you have a large garden you can request up to three additional sacks.
Please write your door number and postcode on your additional bags for easy identification. Only six bags will be emptied on your collection day.
Do you need more bags?
If you would like to order, free of charge, a compost bin, please get in touch .
Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.
Thank you for your feedback.