Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search


You can request an appeal if you want an independent tribunal to look at the decision again.

To request an appeal please put your reasons in writing within one month of the date of the decision and include any extra evidence.

We recommend you use our  revision/appeal request form [212kb].

We will look at the decision again (see Revisions), if we should, we will change the decision in your favour. If we can't change the decision in your favour, we will prepare a file with our reasons and evidence and submit it to the Tribunals Service.

The Tribunals Service is independent of the council, but governed by the same laws about how benefit is worked out.

You can request to attend the tribunal hearing in person or with a representative. Read more about the appeals process and hearing.

We aim to submit appeals to the Tribunals Service within 50 days, but it often takes longer. It can take a further 12 weeks or longer before the hearing. You might want to consider legal advice if you decide to request an appeal. You can find more information on The Tribunals Service website.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 26 Aug 2015 at 09:07