A guide to recycling items and how to order bags.
Do you need more bags?
Making it easier: You can opt in to get your recycling bags automatically delivered up to four times a year. The months for delivery depend on your area. The bags will be delivered during that selected month, each year until you tell us you no longer need them.
For automatic delivery of recycling bags or if you only want a one off delivery order recycling bags online now »
If you run out, recycling bags are available from your local library. Staff are able to provide one roll per household on presentation of a HillingdonFirst card or other proof they live in the borough.
More corn starch bags for your food waste recycling?
Please report missed collections of rubbish or recycling. We will make another collection within two working days.
What you can recycle
Bags are collected weekly and may contain the following:
- Aerosol cans (do not pierce or squash them - only put out empty aerosols)
- Books (hard or plastic covers should be removed and disposed of as waste)
- Butter and margarine tubs
- Cartons (made from paper and cardboard only)
- Drinks can
- Egg boxes (cardboard ones only)
- Food cans
- Glass bottles and jars
- Junk mail
- Metal bottle tops and jar lids
- Paper (ie. office papers)
- Plastic trays
- Plastic bottle tops
- Plastic bottles (includes milk bottles / yogurt bottles such as Probiotic, Actimel)
- Shredded paper ('carrier bag' amount is a good guideline)
- Shampoo and shower gel bottles
- Tetra packs (i.e ribena carton)
- Wrapping Papers (not the foil kind)
- Xmas cards
- Yellow Pages
Help us to help you
Keep all of your waste and recycling bags within your property boundary until collection day.
Collections for houses
- On your collection day please leave your tied recycling sacks near your property boundary.
- If you have a 'big cardboard' item please leave it bundled next to your tied recycling bags.
- If you do not have a front garden leave the tied recycling sacks on the pavement no earlier than 17:30 the evening before collection day.
Collections for flats
Residents living in flats are provided with a reusable bag to put recycling and the block has a big recycling bin.
Note: All dry recyclables can be mixed into the same bag ready for our kerbside recycling system; there is no need to sort different materials into separate bags. In addition you can put out as many bags as they wish.