A guide to recycling items and how to order bags.
Do you need more bags?
If you prefer, you can order recycling bags online now »
Making it easier: You can opt in to get your recycling bags automatically delivered up to four times a year. The months for delivery depend on your area. The bags will be delivered during that selected month, each year until you tell us you no longer need them.
Please report missed collections of rubbish or recycling. We will make another collection within two working days.
What you can recycle
Bags are collected weekly and may contain the following:
- Aerosol cans (do not pierce or squash them - only put out empty aerosols)
- Books (hard or plastic covers should be removed and disposed of as waste)
- Cartons (made from paper and cardboard only)
- Drinks can
- Egg boxes (cardboard ones only)
- Food cans
- Glass bottles and jars
- Junk mail
- Metal bottle tops and jar lids
- Paper (ie. office papers)
- Plastic bottles (includes milk bottles / yogurt bottles such as Probotic, Actimel)
- Shredded paper ('carrier bag' amount is a good guideline)
- Wrapping Papers (not the foil kind)
- Xmas cards
- Yellow Pages
Note: All dry recyclables can be mixed into the same bag ready for our kerbside recycling system; there is no need to sort different materials into separate bags. In addition you can put out as many bags as they wish.