Automatically deliver my clear recycling bags
Receive automatic delivery up to four times a year. The months for delivery depend on your area and will be delivered during that selected month, each year until you tell us you no longer need them.
Select the area where you live and follow the instructions:
- Barnhill, Charville, Hillingdon East, Ickenham or Uxbridge
- Cavendish, Eastcote, Harefield, Manor, Northwood or Ruislip
- Botwell, Brunel, Heathrow villages, Pinkwell, Townfield, West Drayton, Yeading or Yiewsley
Order a roll of clear recycling bags
Recycling bags are available from your local library. We will supply one roll of bags per household on showing us HillingdonFirst card or other proof of where you live in the borough.
What you can recycle
Bags are collected weekly and may contain the following:
- Aerosol cans (do not pierce or squash them - only put out empty aerosols)
- Books (hard or plastic covers should be removed and disposed of as waste)
- Butter and margarine tubs
- Cartons (made from paper and cardboard only)
- Drink cans
- Egg boxes (cardboard ones only)
- Food cans
- Food trays (aluminium, required to be rinsed when added to the recycling)
- Glass bottles and jars
- Greeting cards
- Junk mail
- Metal bottle tops and jar lids
- Paper (ie office papers)
- 1 = PET, 2 = HDPE, 3 = PVC, 4 = LDPE, 5 = PP
- Plant pots (Polypropylene)
- Plastic bags
- Plastic trays
- Plastic bottle tops
- Plastic bottles (includes milk bottles / yogurt bottles such as Probiotic, Actimel)
- Shredded paper ('carrier bag' amount is a good guideline)
- Shampoo and shower gel bottles
- Tetra packs (ie Ribena carton) Bags are awaiting to be updated
- Tin foil
- Wrapping papers
- Yellow Pages
We do not operate a nappy recycling service.
Empty printer cartridges can be taken to the tip or included with your household waste.
We operate a household collection service helping residents to recycle their textiles
Recycling is collected weekly throughout the year. Your collection day stays the same.
Find which day
If your clear recycling bag collection has been missed, please check you haven't added other waste items that are not on the list and have followed the instructions for collection. Report your missed collection and we will make another collection within two working days.
Keep all of your waste and recycling bags within your property boundary until collection day.
- On your collection day, please leave your tied recycling sacks near your property boundary
- If you have a 'big cardboard' item, please leave it bundled next to your tied recycling bags
- If you do not have a front garden, leave the tied recycling sacks on the pavement no earlier than 5.30pm the evening before collection day.
Residents living in flats are provided with a reusable bag to put recycling in and the block has a big recycling bin.
Note: All dry recyclables can be mixed into the same bag ready for our kerbside recycling system; there is no need to sort different materials into separate bags. In addition, you can put out as many bags as you wish.
What happens to your recycling next?