Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Universal Credit

Some benefits and tax credits are being replaced by Universal Credit which is administered by the Department for Work and Pensions. This will affect some single people in Hillingdon from 2 November 2015.


The benefits that will become universal credit are:

  • Income-based Jobseekers' Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Housing Benefit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Working Tax Credit

It is expected that most claimants will move to Universal Credit in the future.

Find out more »

Following the Budget on 22 November 2017, the Department of Work and Pensions will not be accepting any new claims for Universal Credit in the Hillingdon Borough area from 1 January 2018.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 08 Dec 2017 at 12:23