We offer book loans, project boxes, artefact collections and more...
Schools' Library Service
The Schools' Library Service (SLS) provides resources for curriculum support to subscribing schools in the borough and beyond.
Aims and summary of service
- to support schools, teachers and education teams in delivering the National Curriculum, through resources and advice
- to provide quality, relevant, current books and other materials
- to provide advice and practical support for staff working in school libraries
- to support literacy and the enjoyment of reading for the 3-18 age group
- to provide training on library related issues to school staff
We welcome comments regarding any of our services.
The service provides:
- Project boxes - 1 box per class per term
- Book Loan Service
- Artefact collection
- Teachers' resource ticket
- Professional advice on school libraries, books, resources and their efficient organisation
- Delivery and collection service
- Two hours free on-site consultation in your school library
- Book purchase with processing and 22% discount on most items
In order to provide the flexibility required by Secondary Schools, we offer our service through a number of modules.
In order to provide a comprehensive range of services, we offer a package service at a fixed price.
Hillingdon Schools' Library Service organises three book of the year awards. These awards are Hillingdon's Secondary Primary and Picture Book of the Year.
If you would like to ask a question or comment about any aspect of the Hillingdon Schools' Library Service, please complete this form and press the submit button. Your message will be passed on to the appropriate member of staff and dealt with accordingly.