Obelisk at St Mary the Virgin Church

Obelisk at St Mary the Virgin Church
  • Hillingdon reference: HWM013A
  • Imperial war museum number: 139
  • War commemorated: WW1
  • Ward: Harefield Village
  • Description: Pink Peterhead granite obelisk with bronze anthemion mounts and inscriptions including:

TO THE/ GLORY OF GOD WHO/ GIVETH US THE VICTORY/ AND IN MEMORY OF BRAVE/ AUSTRALIAN SOLDIERS/ WHO AFTER TAKING/ PART IN THE GREAT/ WAR NOW REST IN/ HAREFIELD CHURCHYARD 

  • Level of protection: Church listed Grade 1 (curtilage)
  • Condition: Good
  • Maintenance ownership: Church of England, Diocese of London  
  • Architect/designer: Unknown
  • Date first unveiled: 1921
  • Information provided by: Church of England, Imperial War Museum 
  • Date of photograph: To be confirmed
  • Access: No appointment needed
Address

Anzac Chapel, St Mary's Church

Church Hill

Harefield

UB9 6DU

Get Directions View on Google Maps