Hillingdon Sports and Leisure Complex
The council have fully refurbished Uxbridge Lido, and rebranded it the Hillingdon Sports and Leisure Complex.
This will include the restoration of the existing grandstand, cascades, entrance building and the lido pool.
The main features of the complex include:
- 50 metre eight lane swimming pool
- Leisure waters with spectator seating
- Café leading to a 4 court badminton sports hall
- Wet and dry changing accommodation
- A crèche
- Staff facilities
- Dedicated health and fitness block with sauna and steam rooms.
Current project status
Options will exist to provide a combination of central vertically moving booms to subdivide the pool into a deep-water pool. This will be for swimming and training with varying water depths provided by the use of floating floor.
This allows for many uses:
- 150mm depth for parents and toddlers or splash dance.
- 300- 800mm depths for learning to swim programmes
- 600-900 depths for swimming development training and school use
- 800-1500mm depths for general recreational swimming
- 1500mm-2000mm depths for race diving practice, life saving, synchronised swimming and competitive swimming.
- Easy pool access for wheelchair users.
|Quick facts||Hillingdon Sports and Leisure Centre|
|Estimated completion date||March 2010|
|Building facilities||Swimming pool, badminton courts, sauna & cafe|