Available properties under the shared ownership scheme.
Information on shared ownership and how to apply.
To apply for Hillingdon shared ownership
Who is eligible?
In order to qualify for the shared ownership schemes applicants should:
- have a gross household income of up to £66,000 per annum when applying for 1 and 2 bedroom properties to rent or buy.
- or up to £80,000 per annum when applying to buy or rent a family sized property (3+ bedrooms)
Priority is given to:
- Council or housing association tenants vacating a family-sized property
- people threatened with homelessness
- people with a high housing need on the council's housing register
You must be able to obtain a mortgage or have sufficient capital to buy your share. It is recommended that you seek the help of a financial advisor to secure an affordable mortgage option.
How much does it cost?
These are estimated to be approximately £3,000 to cover legal, survey and valuation fees, stamp duty, mortgage arrangement charges and insurance.
Your monthly expenses will include mortgage repayments, protection cover, buildings and contents insurance, regular utilities (water, electricity, gas) and council tax, telephone, television, and service charges for flats.
Please note: 100% mortgages are no longer available. Mortgage lenders are seeking deposits which are variable. Applicants should check with individual lenders or with a specialist mortgage advisor as to what is available.
Your home may be at risk if you fail to keep up your mortgage and rent payments.
Shared ownership properties
Hillingdon council has been awarded government funding to build new shared ownership properties in the borough.
A list of shared ownership properties now available for resale.
Buying an existing Council-owned shared equity property where the current shared owner is selling.
Information on applying for shared ownership properties.