Available properties under the shared ownership scheme.
Information on shared ownership and how to apply.
To apply for Hillingdon shared ownership
Who is eligible?
In order to qualify for the shared ownership schemes applicants should:
- should have a gross annual household income of at least £20,000 p.a but no more than £66,000 p.a. to purchase a one or two bedroom home; and no more than £80,000 p.a. to purchase a family sized home (three or more bedrooms)
- must not be able to purchase a suitable home to meet their housing needs on the open market
- must not already own a home or should have sold their current home before they purchase their Shared ownership home
Priority is given to:
- Social tenants - Council and housing association tenants
- Serving MOD personnel
- Applicants threatened with Homelessness
- Applicants on a high band on the Council Register - Band A, B and C
- Applicants who live and work in Hillingdon but not yet registered
- Applicants who live in Hillingdon but work elsewhere
- Applicants who work in Hillingdon but live elsewhere
- Applicants with no connection to Hillingdon
You must be able to obtain a mortgage or have sufficient capital to buy your share. It is recommended that you seek the help of a financial advisor to secure an affordable mortgage option.
How much does it cost?
These are estimated to be approximately £3,000 to cover legal, survey and valuation fees, stamp duty, mortgage arrangement charges and insurance.
Your monthly expenses will include mortgage repayments, protection cover, buildings and contents insurance, regular utilities (water, electricity, gas) and council tax, telephone, television, and service charges for flats.
Please note: 100% mortgages are no longer available. Mortgage lenders are seeking deposits which are variable. Applicants should check with individual lenders or with a specialist mortgage advisor as to what is available.
Your home may be at risk if you fail to keep up your mortgage and rent payments.
Shared ownership properties
A list of shared ownership properties now available for resale.
Buying an existing Council-owned shared equity property where the current shared owner is selling.
Information on applying for shared ownership properties.