If you run a business, regardless of size, you are legally responsible for ensuring that the waste you create is collected and disposed of correctly.
This is called your 'Duty of Care'. To comply with your legal obligations you must ensure that:
- All waste is kept secure and safely until it is collected.
- Any person or company collecting your waste is registered as a 'licensed waste carrier' by the Environment Agency.
- You keep the Waste Transfer Note provided by the licensed waste carrier as documented evidence that you have arranged for your waste to be dealt with legally. You should keep the Waste Transfer Note for two years.
Failure to comply with your legal obligations can result in a fine or even court appearance.
Nationally the cost of collecting business waste is not included in the Business Rates. As a business you need to consider the best option for your needs. This could be a private contractor who is a licensed waste carrier, or the Council provides a service.
Why use our service?
Our prices are competitive compared with private contractors. Our service is run on a not-for-profit basis and any revenue generated is put back into Hillingdon waste services.
As part of the Council service you are provided with the correct documents to comply with your legal duties. In addition you are meeting the new Pre Treatment Regulations for commercial waste because your waste is collected as part of the municipal waste stream. We have a clear policy on our pricing:
- Our price is fixed for the financial year
- Our price includes the cost of the Waste Transfer Note
- We have No hidden charges or administration fees
- No VAT is charged
What services do we provide?
The service and charge made is based on the amount of waste collected. Our smallest collection is offered is one refuse sack each week. If you have a large amount of waste you should use a proper sized bin. There are a number of different sizes of bin to choose from depending on the needs of your business. These are shown below:
- 940 litre chamberlain - holds up to 10 refuse sacks
Dimensions 150 cm high x 102 cm wide x 97.5 cm deep
- 1,100 litre eurobin - holds up to 14 refuse sacks
Dimensions 137 cm high x 126 cm wide x 99 cm deep
- 1,280 litre eurobin - holds up to 17 refuse sacks
Dimensions 143 cm high x 126 cm wide x 99 cm deep
The preferred payment method is direct debit made quarterly in advance.
Customers having more than four 1,100 eurobins collected at the same time are eligible for a price reduction.
- Large waste commercial waste producers can also have business recycling waste collected at a competitive rate using an 1,100 litre recycling eurobin. The waste must be recycling only.
To get a quote for the best service to suit your business email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring the Commercial Waste Service on 01895 250815.
What happens next?
If you choose the Council service you will be sent the contract document to complete. Once the completed documents have been received you should be issued with a bin (if you need one) the following Wednesday. You will have your collection day confirmed.
What are the collection times?
You will be told what day collections take place in you area. Leave your bags or bins ready for collection from 6.00 am. Leave the bags or bins ready from 5.30 pm the tonight before if your business does not start early.
Can you clean my bin?
The Council does not provide a bin cleaning service.
If you wish to cancel your service you must do this in writing at least one month before your next quarterly payment is due.
Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.
Thank you for your feedback.