Putting our residents first
South Ruislip Library
Victoria Road, South Ruislip, Middlesex HA4 0JE
Location map »
|Opening times |
|Monday-Thursday||930am to 9pm|
|Friday||930am to 530pm|
|Saturday||930am to 4pm|
|Closed on Bank Holidays|
South Ruislip library events »
Book a PC
- Assisted facilities available including fully accessible PCs - Supernova (screen reader and magnifier) software, large screen, easy-to-use keyboard
- Free Wi-Fi for visitors aged 15 and over - ask staff for more details
- There are currently no facilities to plug in your own devices at this library.
- Online Reference Library (includes Britannica, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford English Dictionary, Newspaper and Journal databases, Times Digital Archive and much more)
- A quick reference section
- Photocopying facilities
- Study areas
- Newspapers / magazines
- Starbucks coffee
- Hearing aid batteries
- Parking visitor vouchers
Parking vouchers are now sold for 2 zones in South Ruislip. SR and SR2. They are available during library opening times which includes Saturdays.
Alternatively please contact Parking Permits on 01895 250633.
Books, talking books, DVDs and promotions
- Fiction books arranged in collections of Romance, Crime, Science Fiction and Fantasy, Westerns and general novels
- Non-fiction books arranged in subject categories
- Fiction and non-fiction books are available in community languages - Bengali, Chinese, Gujarati, Hindi, Panjabi, and Urdu
- ImaginAsian collection ~ including books in English
- Large print and talking books
- Reading groups
- Hillingdon Local Studies, Archives and Museum Service Collection (main collection based at Central Library, Uxbridge)
- Storybooks and Information books suitable for ages 0-13
- Story CDs
- Teenage collections
- Children's DVDs
Access and assisted facilities
There is ramped access suitable for wheelchairs.
Automatic entrance doors.
The library is on one level inside.
Registered assistance dogs are welcome.
The public toilets have been adapted for disabled access.
Free parking is available at the library. There are two marked bays for disabled drivers.
Print this page
02 Nov 2015 at 16:14