Search site

Additional Resources

Community infrastructure levy

The Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) allows local authorities in England and Wales to raise funds from developers undertaking new building projects in their area. On 29 February 2012 the Mayor agreed his charging schedule.

Lake Farm green flag

Hillingdon's CIL

An independent Inspector, Kevin Ward BA (Hons) MRTPI has been appointed to examine the Draft Charging Schedule for the London Borough of Hillingdon Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL). A one day hearing has been arranged for Tuesday 1 October 2013 starting at 9:30.  

The hearing will be held in: Committee Room 4, The Civic Centre, High Street, Uxbridge UB8 1UW. Read more »

The Mayor's CIL

The Mayor's CIL will apply to all developments approved on or after 1 April 2012 which result in an increase in the gross internal floorspace of 100m² or more.

This liability is calculated on the increase in gross internal floor area and is triggered by an increase of 100m2 or more. The liability payable will be equal to £35 per square metre. Further details, including the charging schedule are available from the Greater London Authorities website »

The London Borough of Hillingdon is a collecting authority for the Mayor of London. In order to discharge this duty a 'Planning Application Additional Information Requirement' form will be required to accompany planning applications received from today in the following instances:

  1. Where the proposal would result in a net increase in gross internal floor area of 100m² or more
  2. Where the proposal would create 1 or more residential units

It is also essential that correct and accurate applicant details are provided on planning application forms, this information will be utilised to determine the persons liable to pay CIL.

Applications not accompanied by the above information will not be validated or considered by the Local Planning Authority.

It is important to note that this CIL liability will be over and above the planning obligations (s106) that the council may seek from your scheme.