Walking, whether part of our daily routine or a way to explore the local area, is a simple way to help stay healthy.
By moving around every day, we will achieve some of the changes that are necessary for a healthier future. What's more, Hillingdon is a great place to do it
Walk Hillingdon is your local Walking for Health scheme. We provide free walks designed to allow you to walk at your own pace to increase your health and wellbeing.
Our walks take place Monday to Saturday across the borough. Our grading system helps you choose a suitable walk and supports you to progress to higher graded walks as your fitness improves. Our walks range from 30 minutes to 90 minutes.
Every walk is led by a trained walk leader whose role is to make sure the health walk is safe and that the walker's experience is a positive one.
The walks are a great way to meet people and explore the wonderful green spaces in Hillingdon so please make sure you wear suitable footwear for off road walking.
To find out about the walks or walk leader training days, call the Specialist Health promotion Team on 01895 277615, Monday - Friday between 9am to 5pm.
- If you are bringing a group or have additional needs, please contact the Specialist Health Promotion Team in advance
- Children under 16 are welcome if accompanied by a responsible adult
- Sorry, no dogs (except guide/assistance dogs)
Tell us about your walk - share your experiences and photos.
We are always keen to welcome new volunteers to the Walk Hillingdon Programme »
Something for everyone
There are many great places to walk in Hillingdon including the Hillingdon trail and nature walks.
Our Saturday striders, part of the Walk Hillingdon Programme provide longer led walks while Nordic walking offers a whole body workout whilst enjoying our green spaces.
There are also easy ways of increasing the amount of everyday walking you do:
- Plan yours or your family walk routes, track your progress to see how may miles you have walked.
- Have you considered getting off the bus or tube a couple of stops early and walking the rest of the journey? Or would you like to fit walking into your busy day? TfL - Walking »
Walking and physical activity
Walking is a great way to achieve the physical activity recommendations that contribute to our health and wellbeing.
- Children under 5 years should do 180 minutes every day
- Young people (5-18 years) should do 60 minutes every day
- Adults (19-64 years) should do 150 minutes every week
- Older adults (65+ years) should do 150 minutes every week
Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.
Thank you for your feedback.