Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Direct application

You can make a direct application for permanent housing to the local authority in the area you would like to move to. However, you may be given a low level of priority because you do not already live in that area.

This means that it could take a very long time for you to be re-housed. 

Applications for sheltered housing are a possible exception to this. There is generally a greater supply of this type of accommodation, so your chances of being allocated a property could still be good.

Most local authorities require applicants for sheltered housing to be aged 60 years or over. You must also be able to live independently.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 19 Mar 2018 at 11:45