Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

What can we do to help?

Our officer will contact you as soon as possible after receiving a service request and will ask for any additional information necessary to investigate.

An appointment to visit you will be made to assess the urgency of your problem and what can be done to rectify it.

The main legal powers to deal with unsatisfactory housing are now within the Housing Health and Safety rating system [450kb] introduced by the Housing Act 2004 which enable the Council to assess a range of hazards such as:

  • damp and mould
  • electrical safety
  • falls on stairs

and if the risk is considered high enough require the landlord to reduce or remove the hazard by carrying out specified works. 


Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 02 Dec 2015 at 10:29