Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Serving a notice

The council can require landlords to carry out repairs through a legal notice, if the hazard is serious.

If an agreement cannot be reached, or the agreement is not kept, a formal notice will be served requiring the works to be done within a specified period of time.

Ignoring the formal notice can result in prosecution and/or the council doing the work 'in default'. The timescale can be relatively lengthy as landlords do have rights of appeal to a Residential Property Tribunal (RPT) and once an appeal has been lodged nothing further can usually be done until it has been decided upon by the RPT.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 02 Dec 2015 at 09:50