Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Carrying out works

Sometimes the council can carry out works instead of the owner.

This is called works in default, and it is sometimes the quickest and most satisfactory way of making sure necessary works are carried out when they are clearly necessary.

In these cases the council will pay the bill but then recover the costs, including all the staff time taken up in carrying out the works. The exact procedure varies, but in most cases the debt is registered as a charge on the Local Land Charges Register.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 02 Dec 2015 at 09:51