Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

If your application is denied

If your homeless application is refused, this means we will not be able to provide you with temporary accommodation.


We will be able to provide you with advice and assistance to help you find somewhere else to live and on things like paying for housing and finding suitable accommodation.

I disagree with the council's decision - what can I do?

If the council has made a decision you disagree with, example, it says you are intentionally homeless, you can ask the council to review it. You must make this request within 21 days of being told of the review outcome. You will need to give your reasons in writing; a housing officer can assist you if required.

Once the request has been received, the review officer has 56 days to consider your reasons and will advise you of the outcome in writing.

You can get legal advice from:

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Related column
Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 05 Apr 2018 at 11:49