Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Financial help and pensions

You may be able to claim a range of benefits, discounts and concessions depending on your circumstances.


Hillingdon Council has been able to freeze council tax for older residents for a further five years until 2019.

The benefits system is complex and there are different rules for each benefit. Make sure you don't miss out on what you're entitled to.


Pensions Service
Information on pensions for people who are retired, approaching retirement, or just planning ahead.  You will find a range of guides on the Pension Service website.

Pension calculator 
This online calculator gives you an estimate of the size of the pension you are entitled to.

Pension Credit estimate
You could be entitled to claim Pension Credit, which guarantees a minimum income for people aged 60 or over - find out how much this might be worth.

Pensions regulator
Formerly the Occupational Pensions Regulatory Authority, this website can help you trace an old pension plan to see whether it still holds benefits.


Benefits and entitlements 
Financial support services including pension credit, disability living allowance and carers allowance. Use the benefit calculator to see what you can claim.

Housing benefits
Find out if you can get help with rent payments.

Council tax
Find out if you can get help with council tax.

Housing, energy and disability grants
Disabled facilities, renovation, energy conservation, heating and insulation grants for your house.

Financial and legal advice

Money Made Clear
Advice on how to plan your retirement income from the Financial Services Authority, an independent body set up by the government.

GOV.UK: Money in retirement
A wide range of information covering all aspects of money in retirement.

Age UK: Making the most of your money
Advice on effective financial planning.

How to set up formal arrangements for your affairs and make your wishes known.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 05 Jun 2015 at 13:20