Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Helpful business contacts

ERWIN : This link opens in a new window ERWIN (Everything Regulation, Whenever It's Needed) is the national one-stop website for all your Trading Standards business (retail based) related information. Obtain guidance on all aspects of Trading Standards issues and links to a number of relevant resources on the web. ERWIN ensures that you can find all the information you need. The site provides interpreted, simplified and prioritised information, which covers all major Trading Standards legislation.

Let ERWIN do the hard work for you. Simply choose your business type and receive tailored advice or enter a keyword in the document search.

AskCedric : This link opens in a new window Ask CEdRIC if you cannot find what you are looking for in our leaflets. Ask CEdRIC is a free, national one-stop website designed to inform and educate businesses about trading standards issues and legislation.

CEdRIC's website contains detailed checklists for individual business type, with information on all major Trading Standards legislation affecting that business. Let 'Ask CEdRIC' do the hard work for you; tell it what business type you are and it will draw together the legislation that affects you.

Use Business Training Modules that can be worked through either online or through downloadable elements. These modules are much more in depth and can be used to train staff on Trading Standards issues.

GOV.UK is the official government website for citizens. It provides easy access to the public services you use and the information you need, delivered by the UK government.

The section titled Employment contains a host of information relevant to employee-related issues, such as:

  • Jobseekers
  • Work and families (parents section)
  • Employment terms and conditions
  • Redundancy and leaving your job
  • Understanding your work status
  • Discrimination at work
  • Resolving workplace disputes
  • Health and safety at work
  • Trade unions

Inland Revenue : This link opens in a new window The HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) website aims to help you understand some of the many things you need to think about when you're running a business, especially the main tax and National Insurance issues. It also points to some other important areas of the law which aren't the Inland Revenue's responsibility - and makes suggestions where to go for further, more detailed information.

ACAS : This link opens in a new window Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS) aims to improve organisations and working life through better employment relations. The Service provides up-to-date information, independent advice, high quality training and offers to work with employers and employees to solve problems and improve performance.

Other types of organisation

UK Central, Local & Quasi Government websites 

Overseas Government and other websites 

Websites with Product Recall Information 

Ombudsmen and regulators 

Consumer organisations 

Trade bodies and Copyright & Intellectual Property Protection 

Professional bodies 

European organisations 

Legal websites 

Miscellaneous websites

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 05 May 2015 at 14:17