Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Change of circumstances/address

If your circumstances have changed in anyway since your first housing application you must tell us so your application can be updated and re-assessed.

You should tell us about:

  • any additional household member who needs to be included on the application (a new baby or a partner living at the same address)
  • changes in household - a death, divorce/relationship breakdown, a household member who has moved away/left the family home
  • a change of address
  • someone no longer eligible
  • changes in medical conditions which are affected by your current housing

You need to complete a change in circumstances form and provide proof of the change, (a full birth certificate for a new child or tenancy agreement/ utility bill/ bank statements for a new address).

Change in circumstances

Medical condition

If you have a medical condition which is being affected by your current accommodation or if your medical condition has caused your health to deteriorate since your last medical assessment, you may wish to complete a medical assessment form.

Medical forms can be obtained by calling our Customer Contact Centre on 01895556666, or alternatively you can pick up a form from the Hayes One Stop Shop or Housing Services Reception at the Civic Centre. Once you have completed the form in full and returned it along with supporting evidence this will be assessed in line with Hillingdon's Social Housing Allocations Policy [478kb].

Please note, a medical assessment does not examine how severe an applicant's medical condition or disability is. It looks at how your current accommodation affects the health or disability of a household member and if it would improve by moving to alternative accommodation.

Once the change of circumstances and proof is received, we aim to have it assessed within fourteen days. This could mean you moving to a different band or changing your priority date. You will be sent a written outcome of the assessment.

If you need to contact us please email homelessprevention@hillingdon.gov.uk or telephone 01895 556666.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Related column
Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 12 Dec 2017 at 11:53