Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Working with agencies

In order to prevent homelessness or ensure that housing needs are met we have developed working arrangements with various agencies.

In order to prevent homelessness or ensure that housing needs are met we have developed working arrangements with various agencies. Such as:

  • hospitals
  • the probation service
  • charitable organisations
  • estate agents
  • private landlords
  • floating support agencies
  • tenancy sustainment
  • money advice
  • housing and employment

For money advice there are a number of avenues

  • Money advice
    If you are experiencing financial difficulties or problems managing your finances, we may be able to assist you by providing some advice or referring you to specialist agencies.
  • The Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)
    The CAB can offer advice on welfare benefits, housing, debt and money management. To find out more advice please visit the Citizens Advice Bureau website. For advice from Hillingdon CAB please visit the Hillingdon CAB website.
  • Credit Union
    You can apply to join the Credit Union to help manage your finances more efficiently. A Credit Union is a non profit financial co-operative, which offers a convenient way of saving and a low interest loan service to its members. Read more on Credit Union  »
  • National Debt Line
    Offers free and independent advice on debt management 0808 808 4000. Read more on National Debtline »
  • Veterans Housing Advice
    Housing advice and support for veterans on the veterans' housing advice website.

Housing and employment 

There is a strong link between housing and un-employment. We work with the West London Housing Employment Link Project initiative. ('HELP') to help our residents get into work or training. They have advisors who are trained to:

  • help you through our personalised, proactive and holistic approach to your needs
  • advice on relevant training and support, access and opportunities to education, employment training opportunities, gaining skills development and child care
  • assist to make choices and be able to live independently

Read more by visiting the HELP website »

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 19 Dec 2017 at 10:41