Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search


When you make a claim for housing benefit, or if you tell us about a change, we will make a decision about whether you are entitled to benefit and if so how much.

We will always tell you in writing the reasons for our decision.

If we are not going to pay you any benefit, we will tell you why, how much and how we have worked it out.

You must check the letters we send you very carefully, and make sure we did not get anything wrong.

If you do not understand the decision, telephone 0300 123 1384, or call in and speak to a Benefits Officer at the Civic Centre, Uxbridge or the One Stop Shop in Hayes and we will explain it to you.

You can also ask us to provide a written statement of reasons. If you think we have got something wrong, you can ask us to look at the decision again, we call this a revision.

You can also ask an independent body, called The Tribunal Service to look at our decision again. This is called an appeal.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 24 Jul 2017 at 16:19