Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Spending data questions

Information about the spending data published on this website, including the process, formats, and answers to common questions.

Why is the data being published?

The Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government has committed local authorities to publish items of spending over £500 by January 2011 as part of the Government's commitment to improve transparency about how it spends public money. Hillingdon began publishing spending data on this website in September 2010, and you will find council payments from April 2010 onwards.

Which data is not included?

Payments made to schools are not included as the money the council receives for schools is passed directly to schools, who manage their own budgets. Payments to government bodies, banks (investment purposes), and individuals (such as refunds, grants and benefits, employees) for data protection reasons, are also not included.

Are names of individuals listed?

Only those individuals who have a trading relationship (goods or services are exchanged for a monetary value) with the council are included.

Why are some items under £500 included?

Some line items less than £500 may be included in the data if they are part of a payment greater than £500.

Are payments net or gross?

The net figure is disclosed as this is the cost to the tax payer.

Which formats are available?

The data is published in accordance with the recommendation from the Local Government group. CSV and XML file formats are recommended as they are machine readable formats, and both are available on this website.

The CSV format uses a standard column width and not all entries may be visible immediately. To view all the data, you will need to expand the columns. To do this, select all cells in the file (the grey box beside column A and above row 1), then select Format > Column > AutoFitSelection from the top menu options.

What financial system is used to record payments to suppliers?

The council uses Oracle financials to record our financial transactions.

When is the data published?

The data is published by the 15 of the month following the month of measurement.

How do I find out more about a payment?

If you would like to know more about a payment that has been listed on this website, please email LBHPublicInspection@hillingdon.gov.uk indicating the line item, supplier name and value you are querying.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Related column
Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 21 Jun 2017 at 10:06