Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

How much does it cost?

The amount you pay depends on your individual situation and income.

You may have to pay all the costs, or you may be entitled to housing benefit to meet all or some of the rent.  

If you get housing benefit or income support, you may also be entitled to free care and support services.


You will pay an 'affordable rent' under a tenancy agreement with the housing provider - either Paradigm Housing Group or Hillingdon Council. You will be informed of the rent and the arrangements for making payment.

Please bear in mind that you will be responsible for your own utility bills as well.

There are service charges associated with your home, for items including maintenance and communal facilities. If you already live in a flat, you will be familiar with these kinds of charges.

Housing related support costs (for example, assistance with managing your home, advice on benefits, form filling and so on)

This is a free service for people who receive housing benefit. If you do not qualify for housing benefit, you will pay for this service as part of your service charge.

Personal care (personal needs such as getting up, washing, dressing etc)

Some tenants will pay for all of their care, whilst others may make a contribution or may not be charged at all. You will have a full care assessment by your care manager and the services that you need will be shown in your care plan.

The Extra Care schemes make sure there are care staff available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Because of this, the charges are based on a fixed-weekly charge, plus a charge for the care you need, which is shown in your care plan. The actual contribution you make towards the cost is worked out for you by the council under the council's Fairer Charging Policy. This charge is based on the level of your income and savings.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 08 Jul 2016 at 10:27