Housing benefits

You can now receive your benefit notification letters online. You can register for this service by visiting Access my benefit account.

Once you have registered you will be notified of any new award letters that are available to view. Please note you will only be able to view any letters created after the date you have registered.

How to apply for housing benefit

Information on applying for housing benefit.

Have you checked to see if you're eligible? 

Use our benefits calculator

You can claim housing benefits if one of the following applies to you:

  • you are a pensioner - check to see if you are a pensioner
  • you are in receipt of pension credit
  • you live in temporary accommodation which has been provided or arranged by the council
  • your landlord is a county council, charity, non-profit community interest company or housing association and they give you care and support, for example if you live in sheltered housing

Apply for housing benefit

If none of the above apply to you, check to see if you are eligible for Universal Credit.

Page last updated: 21 Apr 2023