Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Child's performance licence

If you are responsible for the production of a performance involving a child/children who reside within the London Borough of Hillingdon you must apply for a licence.

Licence summary

A performance is where a child takes part in a theatre production, commercial or TV/film production:

  • where a charge is made (even if there is no admission fee for the audience) or a payment is made
  • at a licensed premises or a registered club
  • which is filmed or recorded for public exhibition or use in a broadcast

A licence is not required if:

  • a child does not perform for more than four days in any six month period in theatre, modelling or sport activity, paid or unpaid work, as long as they are not absent from school.
  • they are performing in a school performance

Check if a licence is required [5kb]. If a licence is not required you will still need to notify us that the child is taking part in a performance by completing the application.


Maximum days a child can perform

  • A child must not take part in performances or rehearsals on more than six consecutive days.

Supervision of children at the place of performance

  • It is the licence holders responsibility to ensure that a child is supervised at all times under the care of a matron or chaperone approved by the local authority in which they live (except when the child is in the care of their parent/guardian).​

How to apply

We can only accept applications that are submitted using our online form or submitted via email, paper applications will not be accepted.

You can apply by completing the Part one. You will need to attach the completed Part two application form and any relevant supporting documentation, when you are ready to submit the completed online form.

Apply for licence

Alternatively you can download and complete an application form [444kb] and send it to our Application Processing team.

Application process

Completed applications must be submitted no later than ten working days before the performance is scheduled to take place.

Once an initial application is received and a licence issued, the child will be registered and provided with a unique reference number. Therefore any subsequent applications submitted in the name of that child will not require a passport photograph or proof of birth to be submitted until their validity periods expire.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Related column
Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 29 Mar 2017 at 15:18