Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Council tax change in circumstances

Let us know if your situation changes, this may affect your council tax reduction.

If your circumstances change after your council tax reduction has been assessed then this may change the amount of council tax reduction you should be paid. You need to tell us about changes as soon as they happen.

If your income goes up and you do not tell us about the change straight away, you will be paid too much council tax reduction. When we find out about the change you will be asked to pay the money back.

What we need to know

You need to tell us if you, your partner, your non dependant or dependant child:

  • start or stop receiving benefit payments
  • start or stop receiving pension payments
  • start or stop receiving tax credits 
  • start or stop working
  • become a full time student
  • leave school or education
  • have a change to the amount of income i.e. wage increase / decrease
  • have a change to the amount of savings, if you and your partners savings total over £6000.00
  • if you are going to be away from your property for 4 weeks or more (you need to let us know before you go away). Please see the rules on temporary absence
  • someone moves in or out of your household
  • a new addition to your household, such as a new baby
  • you move home

We will normally need to see evidence of the change, please upload a scanned image or digital photo of your documents to your change in circumstances form

Change in circumstance form.

If the documents are not currently available please complete and submit the change in circumstances form and provide the scanned image or digital photo of your documents within one month using the proving additional documents form. You could also send them by email to benefits@hillingdon.gov.uk

If you do not have access to a computer, you can use computers for free at any Hillingdon library (please make sure you ask to be booked onto the computer with the scanner). Self serve computers are available at the benefits receptions at both the Civic Centre or One Stop Shop in Hayes (please arrive by 4pm to allow time to complete the form).

Please note: Hillingdon libraries can only offer access to computers, there will be no support available to complete applications or scan documents

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 22 Feb 2018 at 15:48