Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Starting work and already getting housing benefit

If you are receiving housing benefit and you start full or part time work, you do not need to complete a new application form.

Man at work

Instead, you should complete the form below, let us know immediately, we will want to know:

  • the date you started work
  • the name and address of your employer
  • how many hours you are/will be working per week on average
  • whether you expect the job to last for five weeks or more

Change in circumstances form 


You should also send us your contract of employment or letter from your employer confirming the above details, this can be uploaded to the change in circumstances form.

Once you start receiving payslip's, a scanned image or digital photo should be sent to the benefits team as you receive them (the first five if you are weekly paid or the first two if you are monthly paid). These can be uploaded to the providing additional documents form or they can be sent by email to benefits@hillingdon.gov.uk.

If you do not have access to a computer, you can use computers for free at any Hillingdon library (please make sure you ask to be booked onto the computer with the scanner). Self serve computers are available at the benefits receptions at both the Civic Centre or One Stop Shop in Hayes (please arrive by 4pm to allow time to complete the form).

Please note: Hillingdon libraries can only offer access to computers, there will be no support available to complete applications or scan documents


Once the benefits team have received the above information, your benefits will be reassessed and you will receive a notification letter advising you of the result and the new amount, if your are entitled to benefit.

Tax credits

If as a result of starting work your tax credits income changes, you should let the benefits team know straightaway so a reassessment can be made to make sure you are receiving the full amount of benefits you are entitled to.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 04 Jan 2018 at 16:03