Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search


Due to the Great Barn's construction and fragility, we have some restrictions on the equipment that can be brought into the venue.

Couple dancing

Pre-recorded music

All entertainment will be positioned at the south end (library) end of the barn. Music may be played from 10:30 to 22:30. Amplified music can only be played through the Great Barn's PA system, which has a high quality volume limiter. The system and inputs are:

  • 1x Formula Sound AVC2, 1x BOSE Controller, 1x Yamaha P2500s, 4x BOSE 802II
  • Inputs: 2x mono XLR (L+R)

We supply a notepad mixer, which allows input from ipods and MP3 players and radio microphone. 

Reception DJ

All entertainment will be positioned at the south end (library) end of the barn. With the exception of speakers, your DJ can bring any other equipment they need for playback and connect directly to our PA system.

  • Your DJ can provide a stereo output from their mixer:XLR, Jack or RCA
  • The PA system is in a fixed position so we recommend a minimum cable length of 3 metres 

Small DJ style lights are fine to use in the building however larger stage lights would need to be approved on a case by case basis, the venue has a limited power supply and may not be able to accommodate these larger lights.

Live music/bands

All entertainment will be positioned at the south end (library) end of the barn. Acoustic drums or monitor amps are not permitted and only the Great Barn's own PA system can be used. Electric drums can be used (we control the output levels via the PA). Your musicians must provide us with a stereo output from their mixer. If they require a monitor they may turn one of our Bose 802's round to face them.

Your music providers must provide us with...

  • A list of all equipment being brought on site
  • Proof of Public Liability Insurance
  • Proof of PAT testing for all electrical items




Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Related column
Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 11 Apr 2017 at 14:48