Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Registrar and ceremony

Everything you need to know about booking your registrar and ceremony times

Wedding rings

If you decide this venue is for you, provisionally book the Great Barn for your ceremony and then contact the Superintendent Registrar to inform them of your intention to marry.

You will not be able to marry without the presence of the Superintendent Registrar and a Registrar, so it's important to confirm their attendance before fully confirming your venue.

Not a resident of Hillingdon?

If you are not a Hillingdon resident you will also need to give notice of your intended marriage to the Superintendent Registrar in the district you live in. This notice must be given by each person and is then valid for twelve months. There is a 28 day waiting period after the notice has been given before the marriage can take place. If the marriage is taking place in a different borough to where the notice was given, the registrar can send the marriage authority electronically to the Registrars who will be attending the ceremony.

Please find out more about giving notice of your marriage.

Your ceremony

There are two session times available for wedding ceremonies:

  • 9am to 1pm
  • 2pm to 6pm 

Ceremony: pre-recorded music

We do have provision for playing music throughout the ceremony. Please advise us in advance of the following:

  • which playing format you require, for example CD or MP3 player.
  • organise and provide someone to operate the music for you.

Ceremony: live music

Live music can accompany your ceremony as background music.  We will need to make contact with your chosen musicians before the ceremony, to give permission for them to play.


Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Related column

Contact us

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 11 Apr 2017 at 14:48