Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Insurance claims

Making a claim against the council.

If you are a solicitor enquiring about the council's insurance details and have a Portal ID for Employers Liability and Public Liability claims, the council's appointed insurance claims handler is Gallagher Bassett.

Legally represented claims on Claim Notification Forms (CNFs) should be submitted via the Portal. The Gallagher Bassett Portal ID is: D00019

Pavement trip/pot hole damage

If you wish to make a claim against the council for injuries caused by a pavement trip, or pot hole damage to your vehicle on the public highway, the claim should be made in writing giving the date, nature and cause of the accident, and the location such as the address of the property outside which the accident occurred, please also include photographs of the accident location. The letter of claim should be addressed to:
London Borough of Hillingdon
Contact Centre (Highways)
Civic Centre

Email: Contact@Hillingdon.gov.uk

Where a pavement trip or vehicle damage involves a contractor or public utility such as gas, electricity, water, please contact them directly as they are responsible for their own insurance arrangements.

Accident with council vehicle

If you are involved in an accident with a council vehicle please contact the council's Contact Centre on 01895 556000 or email: Contact@Hillingdon.gov.uk.

Damage to your council property

If you are a council leaseholder and wish to make a claim for damage to your property purchased under the right to buy scheme please contact Davies Managed Systems, who are the claims handlers. Their phone number is 0844 856 2032 (up to 7p per minute Service Charge).

To make a claim on the Hillingdon Leaseholders Contents Insurance Scheme for council Right to Buy Leaseholders, or to enquire about joining the scheme, please contact Wessex Administration Services Limited on 0845 194 9334 (up to 7p per minute Service Charge).

To make a claim on the Tenants Contents Insurance Scheme, or to enquire about joining the scheme, please contact Council's Rent Accounts Section on 01895 277734 or 556879.


Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 20 Dec 2017 at 12:03