Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Do you need a licence?

Street parties, fetes, small and private events, do not normally require a licence.

Street parties and fetes

  • For residents/neighbours only
  • No licences normally necessary if music incidental and no selling is involved
  • No formal risk assessment needed
  • Organised by the community

Larger public events

  • Anyone can attend
  • External publicity (such as in newspapers)
  • Licence usually needed
  • Insurance needed
  • Risk assessment common
  • Professional/skilled organisers

Examples: the annual 'Big Lunch' event, school fetes or street parties to celebrate a notable occasion such as the Royal Wedding.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 02 Nov 2017 at 15:52