Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Eligibility and how to apply

Who is eligible for travel assistance?

If you have a child with special educational needs and/or a disability and meet one or more of the following criteria then your child may be eligible for travel assistance:

  • If you have a child who is less than eight years of age and you live further than two miles from your child's school, by the shortest available walking route.
  • If you have a child between 8 and 16 years of age and you live further than three miles from your child's school, by the shortest available walking route.
  • If you have a child aged between 11 and 16 years of age that attends his/her nearest suitable school and lives more than two miles but less than six miles from school and your child is entitled to receive free school meals.

If you believe you meet any of the above criteria, please complete the form below.


If you believe your child meets the criteria for travel assistance complete the application below

Submit your application

Travel assistance policies

For more in depth information about eligibility for travel assistance you can view our travel assistance policies below:

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 07 Feb 2018 at 13:25