Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Who is affected?

The cap applies working age people, in your household, who get benefits.

This includes yourself, your partner and any dependant children living with you.

The following is a list of benefits that apply:

  • Bereavement Allowance
  • Carer's Allowance (before 7 November 2016)
  • Child Benefit
  • Child Tax Credit 
  • Employment and Support Allowance (unless you get the 'support' component)
  • Guardian's Allowance (before 7 November 2016)
  • Housing Benefit
  • Incapacity Benefit
  • Income Support
  • Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Maternity Allowance
  • Severe Disablement Allowance
  • Widowed Parent's Allowance (or Widowed Mother's Allowance or Widow's Pension if you started getting it before 9 April 2001)
  • Universal Credit (unless you've had a work capability assessment and are not fit for work)

 Who's exempt? from the Benefit Cap

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 04 Nov 2016 at 15:00