Key workers

The government has released their key worker definition, along with guidance on maintaining educational provision.

Police officersSchools will contact parents/carers directly if children are recognised under the government's 'vulnerable' and 'key workers' categories within the following sectors:

  • health and social care
  • education and childcare 
  • key public services
  • local and national government
  • food and other necessary goods
  • public safety and national security
  • transport
  • utilities, communication and financial services

Education information for parents/carers

If you have any queries, please contact your school office in the first instance. 

If you need support from the council, please email or call  01895 556644.

For official, trustworthy and timely information and advice about coronavirus (COVID-19), use the free GOV.UK Coronavirus Information Service on WhatsApp. Simply add 07860 064422 in your phone contacts and then message the word 'hi' in a WhatsApp message to get started.

Page last updated: 27 Mar 2020