NHS COVID-19 app explained
A vital part of the NHS Test and Trace service. Everyone who downloads the app will be helping to fight against coronavirus.
Everyone who downloads the app will be helping to fight against coronavirus.
The NHS COVID-19 app is a vital part of the NHS Test and Trace service and it:
- includes a built-in QR scanner for you to check in to venues, such as restaurants, pubs and hairdressers, quickly and easily
- will notify you if you come into contact with someone who tests positive for coronavirus
- sends you an alert if you have visited a venue where you may have come into contact with coronavirus
- allows you to check your symptoms (and book a test if needed)
- provides a countdown timer to keep track of how long you need to self-isolate (if you who have been advised to do so by the app)
- does not have access to your phone contacts or any other personal information held on your phone (your privacy and identity are secure)
- will not track you or your location
Every person who downloads the app will be helping to fight against coronavirus. The more of us who use the app, the quicker we can all get back to the things we love.