Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Apply for a personal licence

All sales of alcohol must be made or authorised by a person who holds a personal licence.

wine A Personal Licence authorises the specified person to supply alcohol or allow the supply of alcohol, but only when used in association with a Premises Licence.

Applications for personal licences will have to be made to the licensing authority in whose area the applicant ordinarily lives, not from the area in which they work.

Personal licence holders may also be nominated as a 'Designated Premises Supervisor on a premises licence'. This means that they are responsible for all alcohol sales upon that premises.

Pre Application requirements

  • Personal licence applicants are required to obtain an accredited licensing qualification plus DBS check.
  • A basic DBS certificate which must not be older than 28 days.
  • This certificate can be produced from Disclosure Scotland before submitting an application.

How to apply

To apply by post or in person, you can download the following applications, print off and complete by hand. 

The application will need to be submitted with the fee and two passport sized photographs one of which is endorsed as a true likeness of yourself by a solicitor or notary, a person of standing in the community or any individual with a professional qualification

Please note that only original documents will be accepted.


Type Fee
Full application £37
Change of address or surname amendment £10.50
Lost of stolen badges£10.50
  • Cheques are payable to London Borough of Hillingon.
  • Applications can be send to APT, Civic Centre, London Borough of Hillingdon, High Street, Uxbridge, UB8 1UW.
  • Payment can also be made over the phone

Change of address or surname

If you change your home address or name, please send the details in a letter together with fee and the original photo card and licence summary to the licensing section. A replacement badge can then be issued to you.

Lost or stolen badges

If your badge has been lost or stolen you should firstly report this to your local police station who will provide you with a crime reference number.

You should then write to the licensing section explaining what has happened and quoting the crime reference number you have been given, together with the fee.

A replacement badge can then be issued to you.

If your application is not processed by the local authority within the timescales stated tacit consent will not apply. This means that there is a risk to public safety, so it is in the public interest that the local authority must process your application before it can grant an approval. If we have not contacted you by the end of the target completion period, please get in touch with us.

Target completion period

We will process your application as quickly as possible and, in any event, within the following timescales:


Processing Time

Tacit Consent

PERS1: New personal licence application

28 calendar days*


PERS2: Disclosure of convictions and declaration

28 calendar days*


Read the full Licensing Act policy 2003 [398kb]

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 11 Jan 2018 at 11:41