New inclusive free walking football sessions kick off in Hillingdon
Thursday 17 June: Hillingdon Council's new walking football sessions launch in the borough this month, to help everybody stay healthy and active.
The popular sport, which is played on a smaller pitch and involves no running, is tailored to enable those who want to return to sport or get more active in a fun way.
Sessions will take place at both Hillingdon Sports and Leisure Complex and Botwell Green Sport and Leisure Centre, with the women and girls-only sessions based at Botwell only.
Cllr Jane Palmer, Hillingdon Council's Cabinet Member for Health and Social Care, said: "We're delighted to offer these new free sessions which will help residents to get out and get active while having fun too.
"Walking football is great for anyone who's perhaps been advised to be more active by their GP, or returning to sport after some time off, as it's low intensity.
"Our unique offering includes sessions tailored for women and girls and some specifically for families as well, so everybody can get involved."
Hillingdon Sports and Leisure Complex, Gatting Way, Uxbridge, UB8 1ES:
- Men's over-35s: 10am-11am every Wednesday from 30 June.
- Family sessions (all ages): 3.30pm-4.30pm every Friday, from 23 July and through the summer holidays.
Botwell Green Sport and Leisure Centre, East Avenue, Hayes, UB3 2HW:
- Men's over-35s: 6pm-7pm, every Thursday evening, from 1 July.
- Women and girls only: 4pm-5pm every Monday, from 26 July.
- Family sessions (all ages): 2.30pm-3.30pm every Monday, from 26 July and through the summer holidays.
All sessions are free. To book a place for you or your family, contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.