As a service provider:
- By March 2016, we will increase the number of White British residents in receipt of personalised budgets from 56% to 70% as they are under-represented compared to the Adult Social Care user group.
- We will increase the number of people who use TeleCareLine by 750 people each year for 3 years from March 2012.
- By March 2016, we will establish a young people's "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Unsure" group and increase engagement with the adult LGBT community through existing channels.
As an employer:
- Over the next 12 months, we will extend equality monitoring of existing staff to include sexual orientation and religion or belief.
- Over the next 24 months, we will ensure that staff records more accurately reflect levels of disability in the workforce.
As a community leader and partner:
- By March 2016, we will increase the number of schools who are actively involved in the School's Cohesion Partnership, led through the Strong and Active Communities Partnership, from 8 to 16.
- By March 2014, we will reduce the proportion of women who continue to smoke throughout pregnancy to below 10%.
- By March 2015, we will increase the percentage of adults with learning disabilities known to the council in paid employment from 28% to 38%.
In the commissioning and procurement of services:
- By March 2014, we will explore the reasons why some Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) communities are under represented when accessing adult social care services. BAME communities represent 30% of Hillingdon's population compared to 22% of adult social care users. According to evidence there is a prevalence of some conditions within some BAME communities which suggests that this proportion should be higher. An action plan will be developed and implemented in response to the research findings.
- By 2013, we will have a Dementia Plan in place, agreed with commissioning partners and other stakeholders.
Page last updated: 22 Mar 2022