Changes in circumstances
If you are already receiving council tax reduction (CTR) with us, and your circumstances have changed, this may affect the amount we pay you.
You need to tell us about changes as soon as they happen.
If your income goes up and you do not tell us about the change straight away, you will be paid too much CTR. When we find out about the change you will be asked to pay the money back.
What we need to know
You need to tell us if you, your partner, your non-dependant or dependant child:
- start or stop receiving benefit payments
- start or stop receiving pension payments
- start or stop receiving tax credits
- start or stop working
- become a full-time student
- leave school or education
- have a change to the amount of income ie wage increase/decrease
- have a change to the amount of savings, if you and your partners savings total more than £6,000
- are going to be away from your property for four weeks or more (you need to let us know before you go away). Please see the rules on temporary absence from your home
- have someone move in or out of your household
- have a new addition to your household, such as a new baby
- move home
We will normally need to see evidence of the change. You will need to upload a scanned image or digital photo of your documents to your change in circumstances form.
If the evidence and documents are not currently available, complete and submit the change in circumstances form and provide the documents within one month using the providing additional documents form.
Tell us about a change of circumstances