Help us document the pandemic
COVID-19 has had a huge impact on daily life. We have seen communities come together and families forced apart. Hillingdon is no different.
The museums and performing arts team want to capture evidence of this unique time from local residents and workers - to help future generations understand the impact coronavirus has had on our local area.
What we are looking for doesn't have to be positive - it just has to be real.
What are we looking for?
Below are some examples of things you could donate to our collection.
- Paintings of rainbows in windows.
- Videos of your street clapping for the NHS.
- Write an A4 size page account of how life changed for you.
- Photos of working from home, stockpiling, social distancing (or not) and empty streets.
- Evidence of local businesses closing or limiting customers.
- Did you raise money for charity? What did you do? How much did you raise? Any photos or website links?
- Did you make anything during lock down? Paintings, sewing, knitting, woodwork, Lego etc? Did you help make meals, masks, scrubs and visors for the NHS?
- Are you a member of the NHS and want to tell us your story?
- What were some of your home schooling lessons?
- The impact on your home? Did it get messier or tidier?
- Did you deliver things to vulnerable residents? How did you find the experience?
To share, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.