Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Repaying a housing benefit overpayment

Housing benefit invoices are due in full, one month from the date the invoice is issued.

If you have any queries about your invoice or require further information, or if you think you won't be able to pay in full, you should contact the Corporate Collection Team before the invoice is due for payment.

If you are having difficulties with money you can ask us about options to pay by instalment.

Please be aware that for all arrangements to pay by instalment, the amount of your monthly/weekly instalments has to be accepted by the corporate collection team. In certain circumstances you may be asked to complete a  breakdown of income and expenditure form [171kb].

If you disagree with the overpayment and wish to have the decision reconsidered please contact the housing benefit contact centre on 0300 123 1384.

Your reference number

The reference number you need to quote is your payment reference, which can be found on the right hand side of your letter your letter below the date.
Your payment number should be quoted on all correspondence and payments.

Ways to made a payment

Make an online payment
You will need your card details and reference number to hand. At "Online Payments" choose Overpaid Housing Benefits, not Corporate Debtors.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 30 Nov 2017 at 15:54