Nationality checking service
We can help to reduce unnecessary delays when applying for British citizenship.
Applying to become a British citizen
- Who can apply for British citizenship and other forms of British nationality?
- How to apply for British citizenship (or other form of British nationality)
If you are applying for naturalisation as a British citizen you will need to show that you know about life in the UK. You must do this in two ways:
- by taking the Life in the UK Test and
- by having a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification.
For more information about the test and the classes, visit Life in the UK »
Enquiries about your application progress or the decision should be made to the Home Office. If you require further advice, you should contact the Home Office »
How we can help
We can make sure that your form is correctly filled in, your application is validly submitted and that the requirements for citizenship are met. This helps reduce unnecessary delays when applying for British citizenship. Completed applications are checked for accuracy (with the correct documents and fees) and are usually resolved quicker than incomplete applications.
Our advisers are trained and registered to check and send your application. They will:
- photocopy and certify your passport and other valuable documents so these remain in your possession
- send your application and correct fee to the Home Office by special delivery post
Using the NCS is optional. You can also apply directly to the Home Office or use a solicitor or other agent.
The NCS does not offer:
- a priority service
- advice on nationality or documents required other than in relation to the completion of the application form
- advice on other matters such as visas, immigration or asylum
- we cannot act as agents for the applicant.
- Enquiries about your application progress or the decision should be made to the Home Office. If you require further advice, you should contact the Home Office via their website.
Our advisers are registered with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC), an independent body established by parliament, which regulates organisations offering services of this kind.
Make an appointment
Telephone: 01895 250418
Nationality Checking Service fee policy
Payment in advance of your appointment is required by credit or debit card.
- Adult: £60
- Child: £30
Payment in advance of your appointment is required by credit or debit card. Two full working days notice must be given to re-arrange an appointment and two full working days notice are also required to cancel any appointment before a refund will be considered.
There will be no refund for non-attendance or if the appointment is abandoned by the Registrar.
The London Borough of Hillingdon will not accept responsibility for any loss of fees paid in respect of the checking service or to the Home Office, should you decide to send your application through the Nationality Checking Service against the recommendation of the Nationality Checking Officer.
Furthermore, fees will not be refunded in the event that your application is either refused by the Home Office or is withdrawn by you.
Documents you need to bring
|Type of application||What you need to bring|
|Single adult application|
|Joint adult application - husband and wife||For this you will need all of the above as well as:|
Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate (accompanied by an official translation if not in English).
|Single adult application - married to a British citizen|
|If you are an EEA National you must exercise your treaty rights. If you are an A8|
EEA national (entered the EU in 2004) and are working, you must have the Workers Registration. If you are a student you must have Comprehensive Sickness Insurance. Failure to do so will result in a failed application.
|Alternative evidence for adults|
|Minor documents required|
|Alternative evidence for minor (to cover past 2 years)|
Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.
Thank you for your feedback.