Find out more information about breastfeeding and the support available to you.
Breast milk gives babies all the nutrients they need for the first six months of life and helps protect them from infection and diseases. It also reduces mothers' chances of getting certain diseases later in life.
Breastfeeding also allows mother and baby to get closer - physically and emotionally. So while a child is feeding, the bond between them can grow stronger.
For more information about breastfeeding and the 2011 campaign visit the NHS breastfeeding website, or take a look at the following websites:
- Association of breastfeeding mothers (ABM)
- La leche league GB
- National childbirth trust
- NHS choices
- Bliss - for premature singletons and or multiples births
- First Steps Nutrition Trust - or any unbiased information about infant milks on the market
- Best beginnings - for premature and ill babies. Information for healthy term babies as well as weaning information.
Information source: www.breastfeeding.nhs.uk
Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.
Thank you for your feedback.