Welcome to Uxbridge College Children's Centre which opened on 31 March 2010. My role is to lead a centre that focuses on improving the lives of our local families. Our ethos is that 'everyone matters'. Our centre aspires to building 'stronger families and stronger communities' by creating a warm, welcoming centre where our families can have fun, enjoy activities and learn new things.
Uxbridge College Children's Centre is a 'one-stop shop' for children under five and their families. The centre offers information and activity sessions for children and parents living in the Hayes area. There is a range of support from skilled, committed and enthusiastic staff, who are on hand to help you, plus activities for children under five to help give a child the best start in life.
Rosemarie Alphonse, Centre Manager
Activities and services
- Stay and play sessions
- Baby sessions
- Getting your child ready for school
- Large outdoor play area
- Language for life groups
- Storytime sessions
- Various fun and educational children's activities
- College careers advice
- Parenting sessions
- Family support
- Financial and housing advice
- Volunteering opportunities
- Adult learning
- Health promotion
- Paediatric physiotherapy
- Employability workshop
Uxbridge College Children's Centre timetable [635kb]
Meet the team
Come along to meet the team, we will be happy to help you.
Who can help you?
- Early Years Practitioners - To provide fun, stimulating, educational activities at Stay and Play sessions. Able to give advice on sleep, behaviour, child development, healthy lifestyles and how to give your child the best start in life and help you prepare them for school.
- Family Support Worker - For parents, mothers and fathers expecting a baby; to provide parent support, advice and guidance on parenting, positive relationships, employment and education advice. To offer support and guidance when you are in a crisis and assist you to access other services within Hillingdon.
- Children's Centre Administrators - To assist you in registering with the Children's Centre and finding out what's on, book sessions for you and your child and give you guidance on who best to speak within the centre if you have any questions.
Buses: 90, 140, 427, E6, U7